The Karachi West district administration has imposed micro smart lockdowns in a few areas due to a spike in coronavirus cases, it notified Tuesday.
The lockdowns have been imposed in Mominabad and Orangi
Town. House no. 178 in Islam Nagar UC-3, House no. 798 in Ghaziabad UC-6 and
House no. 64 in Chishti Nagar UC-7 have been locked down in Mominabad.
In Orangi Town, House no 326 in Data Nagar UC-11 has been
locked down. The district administration has imposed micro smart lockdowns on
the streets and localities of these micro virus hotspots.
These areas will remain under lockdown till April 9, with
the following restrictions in place:
- People entering or leaving these areas will have
to wear facemasks
- Movement of residents will be restricted
- All businesses will remain closed, except for
grocery stores and pharmacies
- Only one attendant, where extremely necessary,
will be allowed with a patient
- No get-together will be allowed
- Joy rides, pillion riding have been banned in
- Public transport will remain suspended
The district administration will make every effort to
provide rations to needy people in these areas, the notification read.
It will also try to provide mobile dispensaries and utility
stores to facilitate residents.