Federal Minister for Planning and Special Initiatives Asad Umar revealed on Tuesday that Pakistan has administered 1.4 million vaccines in one day and set a new record.
So far, 55.1 million vaccine doses have been directed in the country, declared the National Ministry of Health.
In a tweet earlier in the day, Umar encouraged people to get vaccinated against the contagious virus. “With the expanded vaccine obligatory regime going into effect by September 1, now is the time to get vaccinated if you still have not been.”
New daily vaccination rate record set yesterday with total vaccinations exceeding 1.4 million. With the expanded vaccine obligatory regime going into effect by September 1, now is the time to get vaccinated if you still have not been.
— Asad Umar (@Asad_Umar) August 31, 2021
The National Command and Operation Centre in the meeting has announced new constraints for unvaccinated people in the country.
- Students of or above the age of 17 years to get fully vaccinated by October 15.
- Only fully vaccinated people will be allowed to board on both international and domestic flights from September 30.
- Unvaccinated people visiting and working at malls, hotels, restaurants, and guest houses won’t be allowed inside after September 30.
- Unvaccinated people will be barred from using public transport after October 15.
- Only fully vaccinated people will be allowed on motorways and highways after October 31.
Whereas the government is now contemplating booster shots for people with weak immune systems and health workers.
Pakistanis traveling abroad can get a distinct dose, based on the necessities of the country they are traveling to, at special vaccination centers for Rs1, 270.
Furthermore country is currently fighting the fourth wave of the deadly virus.
In the past 24 hours, 3,838 new cases were reported across the country, while 118 people surrendered to the deadly coronavirus.
Vaccine administered across Pakistan on 30 Aug: 1,405,352
Total vaccine administered till now: 55,178,137
This is the highest single day vaccine administration done across the country! Keep it up Pakistan 🇵🇰
— NCOC (@OfficialNcoc) August 31, 2021
The infection rate in the country has jumped to 7.36%.