Pertaining to the surge in COVID-19 cases across Sindh, the government has issued new protocols to fight against novel coronavirus on Saturday.
According to the sources, the provincial health ministry made COVID-19 vaccination certificate mandatory for public visiting at wedding-halls, restaurants and cinemas.
The notification stated that, “vaccination certificates of the citizens should be checked before they enter cinemas, restaurants, wedding halls.
Earlier, the Sindh health director had said people with no vaccine certificates will not be allowed to avail the OPD services. In addition, they will not be allowed to sit in exams as well as take jobs.
The set of new COVID-19 protocols issued by Sindh Health Ministry is stated below:
- Hotels, restaurants and cafes are allowed to resume both indoor and outdoor dining till 12am.
- Indoor dining is allowed at 50 per cent capacity only for vaccinated people and all hotels, restaurants and cafes will have to check the vaccination certificates for these customers.
- Drive-thru, takeaway and delivery are open 24/7.
- Outdoor marriages and functions are allowed with up to 400 people.
- Indoor weddings are allowed with up to 200 vaccinated people and the management will have to check the vaccination certificates.
- Cinemas and theatres are allowed to remain open till 1am only for vaccinated people.
- Indoor gyms are allowed to open only for vaccinated people.
- Amusement parks, swimming pools and arcades are allowed to open with 50pc occupancy.
- Public transport is allowed to operate with 70pc occupancy.
- Sunday will be observed as a ‘safe day’ in Karachi, other divisions will decide their own safe days.